Your OUNet Account is your key to accessing OU technology resources such as email, enrollment, grades, course materials, computer labs and OU Libraries resources.
If you encounter any issues, please contact OU IT for assistance.
Set up your OUNet Account:
- Visit the Account Management page at account.ou.edu.
- Click on “New to OU? Setup your OU account” and enter your Date of Birth (MM/DD/YYYY) and ONE OF the following: your OUNetID, Sooner ID, OR Social Security Number (if you have one) to set up your account.
- OUNet ID – this is made up of the first four letters of your last name, followed by four assigned numbers. Example: John Smith = smit0000.
- Sooner ID – this is a 9-digit number often beginning with 112 or 113.
- Social Security Number (SSN) – if you do not have a SSN, you will need to enter one of the other options, instead.
- Your OUNetID will serve as your username for logging into OU systems.
- Enter a password for your account following the instructions on the page.
- After setting your password, click on the ‘Account’ link to return to the main Account Management page. Login using your OUNet ID and password.
- Enter an account recovery email address (non-OU) where OU IT can send password reset information in case you lose or forget your password.
- Enter your cell phone number in the “Receive Text Messages” box to be notified of campus emergencies.