How to Add a Password to Your Meeting
Passwords can be added when meetings are first being scheduled or you can configure some settings in your account to require all your meetings to have passwords automatically. Passwords ensure that your meetings can only be joined by those you want in the meeting. This article will show you the process of how to accomplish both.
Password on a Single Meeting
- Sign into Zoom on your preferred platform.
- Go to Meetings, then click Schedule a New Meeting.
- In the list of settings for the meeting, there will be an option which says, “Meeting Password” and next to it will be a check box and “Require a Meeting Password.”
- If you want a password to be required on this meeting, click the check box. A random password will be generated but you are able to edit it to whatever you like.
- The password will be included in the email invitation created for this meeting so the invitees will know what it is.
- Meetings passwords can also be edited after the meeting has been scheduled. Log on to the Zoom website (oklahoma.zoom.us), then Meetings, and select the meeting you would like to edit. After clicking Edit This Meeting, under meeting options you can update the password.
Passwords on All Meetings
- Sign into the Zoom website (oklahoma.zoom.us) and go to Settings.
- In the Meeting tab if you scroll down to you will come to a set of options that all have to do with passwords.
- If the setting is disabled, click the Status toggle to enable it. If a verification dialog displays, choose Turn On to verify the change.
Note: If the option is grayed out, it has been locked at either the Group or Account level, and you will need to contact your Zoom administrator.
Password Update on already scheduled meetings
- Click on Meetings under Settings.
- Click on the first (if Recurring) of meeting you need to edit.
- Scroll down and Click Edit this Meeting.
- Click the All button to edit all scheduled meetings under this name.
- Click Require meeting password and create password.
- Copy updated meeting Invitation to include the Password and Share with Students.