Unsure on which Work From Home product to choose? Use this guide to help decide.
In an effort to maintain productivity and maximize flexibility as the University responds to COVID-19, OU IT has extended the VMware Horizon Virtual Desktop service (VDI) to tri-campus Faculty and Staff.
VDI delivers a CLEAN desktop with secure, encrypted access to network services. VDI does NOT duplicate your on-campus desktop computer. Files stored locally on your on-campus computer are not accessible via VDI.
Navigate to https://mydesknor.ou.edu and sign in using your OUNet ID (4×4).
- Click on VMware Horizon HTML Access.
- Enter your OU Username and Password.
- You will be prompted for Duo Push on your device using the Duo mobile app.
*Note: If you are not enrolled in Duo, please visit this article to learn more and sign up: Norman Duo
- Select COOP Remote Pool from the list of available virtual desktops.
- Desktop will load using your respective campus credentials.
To add Laserfiche repositories to VDI, please visit this article.