Unsure on which Work From Home product to choose? Use this guide to help decide.
In an effort to maintain productivity and maximize flexibility as the University responds to COVID-19, OU IT has extended the VMware Horizon Virtual Desktop service (VDI) to tri-campus Faculty and Staff.
VDI delivers a CLEAN desktop with secure, encrypted access to network services. VDI does NOT duplicate your on-campus desktop computer. Files stored locally on your on-campus computer are not accessible via VDI.
Accessing VDI via the Client:
- To begin, navigate to https://mydesknor.ou.edu/.
- You should have two options, a standalone installer and an option for HTML access. Select the option for “Install VMWare Horizon Client”.
- You will now be linked to the VMWare download website. Select the “Go to Downloads” link for your operating system.
- Next click the Download button for your download, you can either download locally and then click to launch the file, or select Run if prompted by your browser.
- When the .exe installer file launches, you will be prompted to agree to the privacy agreement and license terms. Select to Agree & Install.
- The installer will now install the software package.
- When the install completes, click Finish.
- Select to Restart your computer to complete installation.
- After the reboot and your operating system loads, select to launch “VMWare Horizon Client” from your installed programs list.
- When the program opens, select the Add Server option.
- At the “Enter the name of the Connection Server” prompt, enter mydesknor.ou.edu
- You will now be prompted to enter your OUNet username and password. Enter this in and then click Login.
- You will be prompted for Duo Push on your device using the Duo mobile app.
*Note: If you are not enrolled in Duo, please visit this article to learn more and sign up: Norman Duo
- Select COOP Remote Pool from the list of available virtual desktops.
- The desktop window will now load for your instance.