Please note that due to the campus closure procedures, any needed hardware check-in will be performed at an off campus location. OU IT Services can also assist with software installation or troubleshooting remotely. Please contact us at 325-HELP (4357) for more information.
During this time, hardware check-in will proceed as follows:
- User will contact IT Services at 325-HELP or their onsite IT support for assistance.
- IT will access the computer remotely if needed to perform diagnosis.
- If direct hardware repair required, IT can check in the computer and direct the customer to the drop off location. Please note that all check-in requirements remain the same. The computer must qualify for check-in and arrive with all the required power cords and adapters.
- If warranty parts need to be ordered, the hardware technicians will complete this process. Please note that shipping delays are common at this time, some hardware replacement may take up to a month or more for a any needed replacement parts to arrive.
- If the technicians have everything they need or once any needed parts have arrived, the repair work will proceed.
- Once complete, IT will contact the user for computer pickup.
What We Support
OU IT is pleased to provide warranty hardware service work on all Apple desktops and laptops, and on consumer-grade Dell desktop and laptops. We can also attempt to provide hardware service work on out-of-warranty systems from these or other vendors.
We are currently unable to provide hardware or software service for computers that are internationally purchased or custom-built, or computers that do not meet the minimum system requirements for Windows 7 or Mac OS 10.7 found on this page. OU IT also does not service mobile/cell phones or tablets. OU will provide warranty repair for iPad tablets.
All personal computers checked in through a Service Center are subject to a $60 diagnostic / bench fee in addition to the cost of any necessary parts for repair. Please see the chart below for more information on bench fee charges.
For University-owned computer system repair options please see this page.
|SERVICE||IN WARRANTY||OUT OF WARRANTY|
|Software Installs||Must Pay $60||Must Pay $60|
|Virus Mitigation||Must Pay $60||Must Pay $60|
|OS Rebuilds||Must Pay $60||Must Pay $60|
|Hardware Repair||No Fee||Must Pay $60 + cost of any parts needed|
|Hardware Repair with Accidental Damage||Must Pay $60 + cost of any parts needed||Must Pay $60 + cost of any parts needed|
|Other Issues Over 15 Minutes||Must Pay $60||Must Pay $60|