Unsure on which Work From Home product to choose? Use this guide to help decide.
Installing the Palo Alto GlobalProtect VPN client on your Windows desktop:
- Navigate to https://ouvpn.ou.edu
- Enter your Username (OUNet ID or OUHSC ID) and Password and click “LOG IN”.
- Select the version you want to install for your system. (Note: The Windows 32bit GlobalProtect agent cannot be installed on a 64bit system).
- The error below will appear when trying to install the Windows 32 bit GlobalProtect agent on a 64 bit system.
- Open the GlobalProtect installation file and follow the steps to install the desktop client. If you do not see the file, navigate to your system’s Downloads folder.
- Click “Next” through each step of the installation.
- Close the installer when the application has been successfully installed.
- The client login will launch automatically. Click “Connect”.
- Enter your OUNet ID (4X4) or OUHSC ID and password and click “Sign In”.
- Acknowledge the Welcome to OU Remote Access pop up. Check “Do not show this again” box in the lower right and then Click the “X” to exit the Welcom screen.
- You are now connected to the GlobalProtect VPN.
- To disconnect from the GlobalProtect VPN, click on the menu at the top right and choose “Disable”.
- To reconnect to the GlobalProtect VPN, click “Enable”.