Unsure on which Work From Home product to choose? Use this guide to help decide.
Installing the Palo Alto GlobalProtect VPN client on your OS X Device
- Download Mac 32/64 bit GlobalProtect agent.
- Enter your Username (OUNet ID or OUHSC ID) and Password and click “LOG IN”.
- Select “Download Mac 32/64 bit GlobalProtect agent”.
- If prompted, select “Allow” to download GlobalProtect VPN.
- From the GlobalProtect Installer, click continue.
- On the destination select screen, select the install folder and then click continue.
- On the Installation Type screen, select the GlobalProtect installation package check box, and then click Continue.
- Click install to confirm that you want to install GlobalProtect.
- When prompted, enter your Username and Password, then click install software to begin the installation.
- When this security box appears, users MUST click the “Open Security Preferences” Button (NOT the OK Button).
- Click the lock icon in the bottom left corner and enter your Username and Password. Click the “Allow” button at the bottom of the “Security & Privacy” box to allowthe Palo Alto Extension. Once Allowed, click the lock in the bottom left and exit.
- After installation is complete, close the installer.
MAC GLOBAL PROTECT OPERATION
- Launch the GlobalProtect app by clicking the GP icon (top right corner of the task bar). The panel will open.
- Set the portal address to ouvpn.ou.edu and select Connect.
- Once the GlobalProtect client connects to the portal it will prompt for your username and password. Enter your OUNetID (4×4) or OUHSC ID and then click “Sign In”.
- When prompted, select OK to allow GlobalProtect VPN access to the Desktop folder. Accept the security policy by clicking the X in the top left corner. Once complete, the VPN should say “Connected”.
- To disconnect from GlobalProtect VPN, select the GP icon at the top of the task bar and click the three horizontal bars to bring up the menu. Click “Disable”.
- To reconnect to the GlobalProtect VPN, click “Enable”.